Kyoshi Justin Boylan and Kyoshi Steve Glew have taken the skills and experience that have made them world renowned martial artists and co-founded The Total Martial Arts Centre; undoubtedly the best martial arts school in Perth!
The Total Martial Arts Centre has a philosophy that centres on mutual respect and in building belief and self-esteem in each of its students. Through its range of specialised and well-balanced martial arts disciplines including Zen Do Kai, Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, they will help bring together the mind, body and soul so you become the person you have always wanted to be!
There are classes for everyone, regardless of age or ability and each one is centred around a fun and engaging, comprehensive syllabus. Not just about high kicks and punches; regular training at The Total Martial Arts Centre will take you on journey which will improve your inner and outer strength, your mental and physical flexibility, endurance, and spirituality.
The instructors take great care in finding out and understanding the needs, differences and goals of each student and shapes each class to provide high-calibre martial arts training so that everyone can achieve their goals and no-one is left feeling out of their depth.
Call us now on 9248 9004 for your FREE introductory lesson!
Kyoshi Justin Boylan
Justin is a co-owner of the Total Martial Arts Centre and provides a wealth of experience to the students that train with him. Justin commenced training in February 1980 and was named Zen Do Kai Black Belt of the year in 1983. His status as a martial artist was recognised further in 1986 when he was awarded the title of Zen Do Kai Instructor of the Year.
His other achievements include:
• Appointed State Manager for Zen Do Kai in 1992;
• 8th Dan Black Belt in Zen Do Kai Freestyle;
• 8th Degree instructor in BJC Muay Thai;
• Black Belt (Instructor’s Rank) Brazilian Jiu Jitsu;
• Guro 1st Dan Black Belt Kombatan Arnis;
• 1990 State Freestyle Wrestling Champion;
• 1990 National Freestyle Wrestling Medallist;
• Former joint Western Australian representative of the Security Institute (WA). The Security Institute specialised in education and training programs for the security industry. This included the provision of Crowd Control, Security Officer and Bodyguard courses;
• President of Western Australian Kickboxing Association;
• WA representative of the World Kickboxing Association;
• Former personal trainer to Chris Mainwaring during his stellar AFL career.
• World Champion: Gold Medallist at the 2007 Brazilian Jiu Jitsu World Seniors and Masters International Championship held in Brazil
• World Champion Coach: Coach of Grayson West Gold Medallist at the 2005 Brazilian Jiu Jitsu World Seniors and Masters Championship held in Brazil
• Bodyguard to visiting dignitaries such as Al Gore, Erin Brockovich, Pink, Harry Connick Jnr, Human Nature, Julian Lennon and Bob Dylan.
Kyoshi Steve Glew
Steve is a graduate of the University of Western Australia having completed a Bachelor of Arts degree majoring in economics and politics. He also completed a Diploma of Education and subsequently spent many years teaching in government secondary schools.
Steve has extensive experience in the martial arts and security industries. His qualifications and training includes:
• 6th Dan Black Belt in Zen Do Kai Freestyle;
• 6th Degree instructor in BJC Muay Thai;
• Certificate III Investigative Services;
• Certificate IV Assessment and Workplace Training;
• Former joint Western Australian representative of the Security Institute (WA). The Security Institute specialised in education and training programs for the security industry. This included the provision of Crowd Control, Security Officer and Bodyguard courses; and
• Bodyguard to visiting dignitaries such as Harry Connick Jnr, Human Nature and Julian Lennon.